Each year, the most academically accomplished Pop Warner kids compete for Academic All-American status. This process begins at the association level and up through each of the eight Pop Warner regions to the national level.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION?
Students are eligible for All-American Consideration if he/she:
- is currently in grade 5 or higher
- has 96% grade point average or better
- has a complete prior year's report card
The PWLS All-American Program requires a minimum 96% grade point average to apply for All-American status. After the applications have been processed, Pop Warner determines National First Team All-Americans (35 football, 35 cheer per grade), National Second Team All-Americans and National Honorable Mention Scholars.
ALL-AMERICAN SELECTION PROCESS:
- A final score is calculated for each student that consists of up to 100 points (85%) for the student's grades for the prior school year, along with up to 18 points (15%) awarded for the attached Addendum sheet of activities and achievements.
- Once the scores have been calculated, First Team All-Americans are selected. The top 35 football players and 25 cheerleaders per grade (plus ties) are selected as National First Team All-Americans.
- Second Team All-Americans are then determined by Pop Warner based upon the number of applications that were submitted for that year. Last year's total was approximately 3,800 Second Team All-Americans
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Pop Warner will announce its annual Scholar All-Americans each year by April 1st. Each scholar will receive an informational packet in the mail by the end of April that includes:
- Congratulatory letter from Pop Warner indicating their scholastic accomplishment.
- Certificate of achievement for National All-Americans.
- Information regarding the Pop Warner National All-American Banquet.